Friday, January 18, 2008

truely the definition of a Hot Lunch!


(decent picture.... i took it from my cell phone and texted to my email, didn't know i could do that until today!)

Well today Jared and I went to lunch in Bellevue at a Mexican place called Casa D's. My good friend Drew has been ranting and raving about how good of a burrito they have. So today was the day to test it out. We met My friend Drew there and were a little late and he had already eatin. So it was jared and i in line ordering at a place we have never been before. We both ordered the same thing (carne asada burrito) and when the question came up, "What kind of hot sause do you want on it?" Well, I was first and i said the hot one, and the guys responce was, "on a scale of 1 to 5, what do you want?" I felt a little spunky today and was down for a little spice so i got a 4. Jared followed me and was like yea i like spicy i'll get 5. Jared today by the way was quite hung over and had a headache and knew that mexican food (his favorite)would make him get better quickly. Well when we sat down to eat with Drew, i had my first bite and was astonished with how spicy my burrito was. I instanly went for some chips to counter the buring sensation. By then My friend Drew who has been there many times said, "what! you got a 4, haha i have never gotten that." Jared heard this obviously as he was sitting in front of me and was like F***, really!? I got a 5 on mine! Haha we all started laughing as this was pretty funny. Jared then suffered through the first few bites with no emotion and eventually we could see in his face that it was indeed way to hot. I with the 4 was doing all right. I did though have to eat chips in between bites and chug pop. I eventually finshed the burrito as it was a little better towards the end. But Jared could only eat half the burrito and threw in the towel. Drew then preached to us this is why he gets only medium because he actually "likes" the taste of the meat, beans, and rice in the burrtios. His sales pitch to us was obvioulsy not, hey guys come check out this mexican place, it has bomb hot sauce. In the end i believe the spicyness drove jared off the hang over. So a recommendation, try Casa D's but stay away from the 4's and 5's.

6 comments:

Marnae and Matt said...

That reminds me of The Man at Dixies at the Mariners game. I just had a tad on my bbq and was is pain the whole rest of the night. I am glad though that it helped the hangover :)

Anonymous said...

yea brother Jared does look hung in the picture you took! You will have to go back to that same place another time and try something without the HOT. Funny story.

Sundi said...

I know it's just a story about a burrito but it was pretty funny. It looks like Jared wanted to cry. Thanks for sharing.

Cole said...

haha thanks sundi! glad i can be some solid cheap entertainment. I like that my posts are funny!

Jocelyn said...

I experienced The Man once-and literally had to have them pour salt down my mouth to try and help me out- I was in a bad place! I do love a good mex meal so might have to try this place out after your wonderful review.

Brittany said...

I know I am a little late on commenting... I love that place! We used to go there a lot! Never tried the 4 or 5 though! Crazy!